Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park
The Pemaquid Point Light Station, built in 1827 above spectacular granite cliffs, gneiss (volcanic rock) and tilted (sedimentary) layers, has been the subject of countless paintings, photographs and the site of many marriage ceremonies. Today the lamp is automated and the adjoining Keeper’s House is home to the Pemaquid Fishermen’s Museum containing exhibits of the local lobster-fishing trade. Tours of the tower are available. At the new Learning Center, The Town of Bristol Parks & Recreation Commission offers summer lectures, movies, classes and concerts – all designed to help visitors to Lighthouse Park better understand the area’s history, environment and culture. The park is open 365 days a year. A $2 per person (over age 12) admittance fee is charged, and restrooms are available during summer and autumn months. The Sea Gull Shop & Restaurant sell souvenirs, and it’s café is open all day in the summer.